[Healeys] Healey Beliefs

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 00:38:20 MDT 2009

Yes, I bought a very early Pertonix unit for my BJ8 back in 1992 (or
something like that), used it for 10 years/40K miles and the magnetic rotor
delaminated due to a design fault (that they have long since corrected).

I put points back in, sent the unit to Pertronix, and they replaced it no
questions asked eventhough the warranty had expired by about a decade.

I'll never go back.  I have 2 Pertronix modules and 2 Pertronix distributors
in all 4 of my cars now.  I drive my cars daily.

The main thing I like about them is once I set timing & carbs, my cars don't
go out of tune anymore.  The wandering dwell with contact breakers is the
main culprit causing LBCs to wander out of tune, both with the distributor
and carbs.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1