[Healeys] Healey Beliefs

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Sep 29 11:53:36 MDT 2009

I'll give a company/product a second try if there's a problem and the company makes good, one way or another.

>From what I've seen and heard, Pertronix's support is impeccable.

bs

--------------------------------
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

In a message dated 9/29/09 5:37:23 AM, tappiokie at gmail.com writes:

> Hi Gary - I very much agree with your list with the exception of the
> Pertronix equipment. I used it several years ago; had a "partial"
> failure i.e. wouldn't go beyond ~3000 RPM once the engine was hot and
> never went back. I do like the actual concept though. Jim

Guess you're one of those people who the marketing guys talk about when
they try to convince companies to get it right the first time, since for many
customers there is no second chance. I've had nothing but good luck with them
in my MGA race car and street Healey, and know that their record of
successful installs is now 99 to 1 in favor of the product. But if points are
working for you, and you enjoy the idea of maintaining the lost art of adjusting
the points every thousand miles -- and, seriously, there's nothing wrong
with having a little chore to do in the garage that most people don't know how
to do anymore -- then you're in the right place for you.

Best
Gary