[Healeys] Carb Leaking- HD8

Bob Johnson bjsbj8 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 08:26:25 MDT 2009

Looking at the intersection between the spacer and the manifold I see
a dark brown, gooey, bubbly looking deposit along the top of the
gasket there. I assume that this is air/fuel mixture leaking out, but
I have always (I think) read about any leak like this sucking in air
rather than blowing out. I'm guessing that this is either a very
recent occurrence, but may have been developing over a long period.
Any ideas about how this might effect performance? My mileage is
rather lousy, 15-16 mpg. Is this leak likely related?

Bob Johnson
BJ8