[Healeys] On the Road

Carlos Cruz healey3000bn7 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 17 06:22:21 MDT 2009

Good morning fellow Healey Peeps,

I need some local help - actually Jacque does.  I'm on the road, on my way to SEC.  I stopped for Breakfast yesterday at a Waffle House in Frankfort, KY. As we were walking in, an older lady, I'd guess in her 70's stopped me to talk about the car.  Evidently her cousin had a Big Healey in '63.  We talked for about 10 minutes.  She seemed real interested in the carbs.  Through the course of conversation, she mentioned she is the original owner of a 1953 MG TD.

She told me how much fun she has driving it but hasn't been able to get much driving in this year because the carbs are fouled up.  I got her contact information and told her I had resources that might be able to help.  This is where you guys come in.  She probably needs to have her carbs rebuilt.  She mentioned it's been years since someone has done serious work on them.

Does anyone know of a guy in the Frankfort, KY area that I can give to her.  I don't know Jacque from a hole in the wall but given her age I would want to make sure it's someone we would trust on our cars.  If you or someone you know can help, please drop me a note with contact info and location so that I can pass it along to her.  Thank you in advance for your help.

Cheers,
Carlos Cruz