[Healeys] Stripped shock mount nut

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Sep 11 08:22:40 MDT 2009

re:
"While you are working on the shocks, you might consider putting
hardened flat washers under each bolt to protect the aluminum shock body
mounting flanges."

Been doing that for years with the stock bolts (I believe 'original' was
lockwashers, which are worse than useless on aluminium).

Safety wiring is a good idea, but I use blue Locktite and torque to 35ft-lbs and
have never had one come loose.

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net