[Healeys] Exhaust system advice needed

Steve Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Wed Sep 9 21:16:10 MDT 2009

Eric Wilkins wrote:

>I put on the mild steel Monza style "free-flow" exhaust with wider
>pipes, less restrictive muffler and resonator tips. I felt that it
>gave me more power and while not a quiet as the SS systems, I love the
>deeper "voice" overall. Fit was a breeze and it's given me no trouble.

I had a Bell exhaust and swapped it for Kirk Headers and a Monza exhaust.
It's definitely the rowdiest sounding street Healey system - because of its
single oval pipe through the muffler, it's more like a Jag in sound. It's
pretty loud, but not as loud as the Stebro side pipes.

I think the 1-7/8" pipes all the way back make it loud as well as powerful.

I have the newer model Monza with the non-muffling tips - I believe the ones
shown on Eric's site have the muffling Ansa-style tips.

http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/kirk_headers

--

Steve