[Healeys] fuel tank rust

Awgertoo at aol.com Awgertoo at aol.com
Wed Sep 2 19:14:50 MDT 2009

In a message dated 9/2/2009 9:02:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jessmd1 at comcast.net writes:

Which is  the best kit for removing gas tank rust and treating to
prevent  future rust?

Think replacement.  Tanks are relatively cheap whereas  dealing with an old
tank that will continue to deteriorate will be problem  forever.  There are
tanks for sale right now on ebay for $350 in  aluminum--I believe the
seller's name is Jorge and most folks seem to be very  happy with what they
received from him--the only issue I have read of has to do  with the threading
for the pickup so make sure you know what you need,  etc.

Best---Michael Oritt