[Healeys] Bonneville - Salt Lake My Story

john spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 1 23:12:53 MDT 2009

I drove my '62 BT7 on the salt flats back in 1969. Me and a buddy
went to Sun Valley Idaho to ski and did not like the scene. We left
and were in route to South Lake Tahoe over Easter break from college
and decide to go to Salt Lake City instead and ski. It was a full
moon night when we were driving by Salt Lake and my buddy suggested
we drive on it. After stopping and walking around a bit I decided we
could and proceeded to leave the highway and went out about 80 to 100
feet and just drove for a while. Left a 2" or so tire track
impressions in the lake surface.

John
Probably lucky I did not find a very soft spot!