[Healeys] 49 Healey Sportsmobile

Kent McLean kentmclean at comcast.net
Sat Oct 24 08:09:39 MDT 2009

john spaur wrote:
 > No, not stubborn; their motivation has not been revealed. When that is
 > understood, a mutually beneficial agreement can be reached.

Taking a page from the "clean sweep" shows, where they attack a junk-cluttered
house and get people to throw out "precious memories" like Aunt Edna's cracked
tea pot, I'd take the same approach.  The car is a loving memory of Uncle Bob.
But do you think that's the way Uncle Bob wants to be remembered? No. Wouldn't
it be nice to put the car into the hands of someone like Uncle Bob, who would
restore it back to its original beauty? That's what Uncle Bob would like to see.
And we'll take pictures of it being restored, so you can see the progress being
made, that would make Uncle Bob happy. And when it is done, we'll come around,
pick you up, and drive the car to Uncle Bob's grave, so he can see what a
beautiful car it is.

Tug at their heart strings. The pocketbook will follow.

--
Kent McLean
'56 100 BN2