[Healeys] Magnetic drain plugs & 1 1/2 inch meters? Gearbox

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 23 16:19:14 MDT 2009

Robert:  Many years ago, when I thought that a slow-to-engage OD might be
caused by thinning oil due to high temperatures, I installed a temperature
sensor in the drain plug hole on my tranny.  As I recall, the trany
temperature maintained a steady 190 degrees F.  The sender and gauge are
still installed but I haven't payed any attention lately.  The next time I
have the Healey out (next Tuesday), I will check.  If it is different, I
will re-post.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031