[Healeys] Smell

S and T Miller stmiller96 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 14 11:56:06 MDT 2009

While not overpowering most British cars have some slight smell of fuel
without any leaks when you drive them.  A slight amount of fuel is left in the
carb everytime you run it and shut down.  The air filters are pretty open, so
you'll get some smell from them.  I agree if you smell a strong oder of fuel
you might have an issue, but no smell at all?  It's like saying a british car
doesn't leak a drop of oil.

The Millers
"British Car Nuts"

1957 Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 35299

1959 Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 77219

1965 MGB 40841

1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite AN5 34351

"Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a test
drive."