[Healeys] Ear plugs etc.

Steve B. Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Thu Oct 8 10:05:04 MDT 2009

My understanding here in CA is covering one ear is OK, but both is illegal. I think that's why phone headsets have only one earphone.

Practically, in an open car with ear plugs you can still easily hear anything going on around you, such as sirens or even your passenger yelling at you. The plugs I use would isolate you in a luxury car, but they make freeway driving in my Monza-exhausted roadster with the top down into a much more pleasant experience.

Never been pulled over. Cops are too busy admiring the Healey anyway to be looking at the earplugs.

--
Steve Gerow
Pasadena CA