[Healeys] HCrumpet Catchers

Randall Harris 1968xke at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 09:20:59 MDT 2009

Interesting conversation here.  My 2 cents:  Being the proud (and sometimes
frustrated) owner of both cars - a lovely '66 BJ8 (H Blue/OEW) and a killer
Euro-spec (covered headlight, triple SU) '68 E-type OTS (red/tan of course),
I can state with 100% certainty that neither car is the crumpet catcher that
they used to be. Perhaps this happens to have something to do with the
fellow behind the wheel. But, of the two cars, the Healey attracts more fond
attention from ladies than the Jag.  Older guys (like me) love the Jag and
will drool when they get too close, women just stare and quietly think, in a
most Freudian way, what kind of personal inadequacies the owner must have to
drive a 14 foot penis on California public highways. :>)
Yours truly,
Randy Harris