[Healeys] FW: Young Healey Owners...

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 4 15:01:01 MDT 2009

And the National Ice Cream Socials.

It has been my concern in recent years, and I have expressed it, that the
car shows associated with meets have been conducted at locations that are
not populated by the general public.  When the thinking is that it must be
on  grass, with picnic tables and shade, and any other amenities that make
it comfortable for the PARTICIPANTS, you usually end up in a park or a
location away from the general public.  The only people that see the cars
are the other owners who have seen all the regular attendees many times.
Only by bringing the cars closer to the public and advertising locally will
they be seen by the greatest number of non-club Healey owners, those who
owned a Healey once, those who had a friend or relative who owned a Healey,
those who wanted one but never got it, the kids that think it is a James
Bond Aston Martin, etc, etc.

Years ago, several local shows were held indoors in shopping malls.  One
became so popular by bringing in viewers - who must have turned into store
customers - that the mall started paying for the cars to participate.  A new
mall manager nixed the idea.  Their, and our, loss in my opinion.

Attract the youth?  How about a car show on the high school football field -
on a school day?  ;-)   With time trials on the running track around the
field?  ;-)  ;-)

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031