[Healeys] Healeys at Mecum

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Sun Oct 4 00:34:33 MDT 2009

Oh Randy, you may have a point, "How long are they going to stay in business
when it cost 2-3 times
 what a car is selling for to restore it."  But heck, there are as many or
more people out there who are buying and restoring or having restored MGBs
and Spitfires and such and will never get anywhere near what they have in
them back out, but they are doing what they want to do, which is a lot of
what drives the hobby, not needs or economics, but wants, dreams and
desires.

That being said I am more worried about demographics hurting the
availability of parts and services for "our cars" than car values, a friend
of mine just had a talk with one of the managers at Victoria British (big
North American supplier for our international friends) They are anticipating
a stagnant or shrinking market for their brit car business with much more
growth in the their truck parts sales.  The people who buy Healeys and such
aren't getting any younger for the most part, how many on the list are under
40, show of hands, not many  I would wager.

Greg Lemon