[Healeys] Reno Red - revisit

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Mon Nov 30 13:48:08 MST 2009

Hi, Alan -

I have copies of BMIHT certificates for 661 BJ8s.  For some cars, I have
multiple certificates issued for the same car at different times with
different information.  So, I have ample evidence that there are errors on
the certificates far too frequently for the price they are asking for them
now.

However, I'm not sure if you are considering a build date of 27 February and
a date when the car left the factory of 29 February as in conflict.  The
certificates (for BJ8s, anyway) designate the build dates as the dates
between "Off Body Line" and "Off Finishing".  There is another date not
given on the certificates ("Date Advised") which I interpret as the date
that Production notified the next department (Shipping?) that the car was
ready to go.  The actual "Despatch" date could be the same date as the
"build" date, or several days, weeks, or months later.  It's possible that
your car's build date ("Off Finishing") was 27 February, but the date if
left the factory ("Despatch date") was 29 February.

I would be interested in your BJ8 engine story, off line if you prefer.  I
am aware of the engine situation with HBJ8L/32431, if that's what you're
referring to.

Happy Healeying!
Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666