[Healeys] Reno Red - revisit

AlanB bluehealey at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 30 12:58:37 MST 2009

Team
This guidance assumes that the BMIHT Certificate is a true reflection of the
information held in the microfiche archive of the factory Build Cards.

Of the three Certificates that I have bought, I have been able to prove
conclusively that there were errors in two of them.  I therefore have a
rather cynical view of the service provided by these 'Archivists'.

For example, my first BN4 certificate clearly stated the car left the
factory on 29th February 1957 with a paint job of Reno Red over Black.
During restoration, and under four further coats of paint, I found Colorado
Red.  When disputing the Certificate details I managed to coerce a copy of
the Build Card from them. It clearly said the car was 'Red' - no
qualification, and a build date of 27th February.

They have been known to make stuff up!!

Then there is the BJ8 engine number story - but that would make you weep.