[Healeys] wiring problems

Attean Lake Lodge info at atteanlodge.com
Fri Nov 20 14:35:59 MST 2009

Hi List,
After a summer of work and no play today was supposed to be the big day when I
fired up the healey for the first time. Gassed her, checked everything again
and again and cranked her over,( I had done this before to get oil pressure)
not even a whimper came from her. I quickly ascertained there was no fire from
the coil, nor was there any going to it via the black & white wire from the
master switch, I have current in the b&w wire when it leaves the junction in
the trunk but none when it reaches the firewall junction, this is a brand new
loom as is everything else, petronix ignition, negative ground. Could that
wire be somehow broken between the trunk and engine compartments? Has anyone
else had such a problem? Many thanks as always.
Brad Holden
BJ8 in Jackman, Maine