[Healeys] Uprating early 3000 disk brakes

Peter Caldwell peter at nosimport.com
Fri Nov 20 08:25:24 MST 2009

Just a point about the calipers.
The P16 calipers that are a straight exchange with those used on
Healeys are from Triumph TR4As, TR250s, and TR6s upt to mid 1972.
Also MGCs used them. Later TR6s and Capris used the metric M16
calipers. Within the group of P16 calipers are P16B which swap,
except the component pistons and seals are not interchangable.
         Peter C
=
At 07:19 PM 11/19/2009, patrick williams wrote:
>A few years ago, Magnus Karlsson wrote an article in AH magazine on
>upgrading early 3000's ( Girling 14 calipers to Girling M16 calipers).  The
>advantage is that you get bigger calipers + pads.  The mounting holes are
>spaced 3 1/2 in for both.   I found some M16 calipers dirt cheap on line (
>they're off of early Mercury Capri's).  However the mounting bolts appear to
>be 12 mm which is not the 7/16 in. for the girling 14.  My questions for the
>list are:
<SNIP>