[Healeys] Dave Dougan's overdrive part 2

Dave Porter frogeye at porterscustom.com
Sun Nov 15 10:39:45 MST 2009

Before I defer to the Factory recommendations let me just say that if you
were correct in the residues acting as a lubricant, then there would not be
evidence of galling at the operating and accumulator piston bores.
 All those crunches into 1st and reverse end up comingling, as do the brass
bits from the thrust washers/spacers on the laygear and O/D mainshaft. The
designers foresaw this and specified non detergent to separate solids from
liquids.
 Seems logical to me.. just saying...
Dave

frogeye at porterscustom.com