[Healeys] Exhaust Hanger replacement

tomleavy at comcast.net tomleavy at comcast.net
Sun Nov 15 05:45:16 MST 2009

Hi Steve-

If you're really "hung up" on originality, like I was, try this. I got my hands on aircraft grade shouldered countersunk machine screws. Drilled proper size through the hanger steel/rubber. I then installed the screw and a locking nut, leaving a gap between the nut and the hanger. In the event of a failure, the hanger can still separate, but it will not fail completely.

No need to use the fine thread aircraft hardware, these are throw aways anyway. The only purpose of the screw/nut is to hold everything in place until the unit is found to be faulty and ultimately replaced. In the interim, whatever the usable life of the hanger is, it retains the stock appearance, albeit modified.

Good luck in whatever you choose.

Regards, Tom