[Healeys] Heater Tap Handle [was 'Brass']

Steve Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Sat Nov 14 17:18:34 MST 2009

Mirek Sharp wrote:

>I think the "handle" part of the tap is actually threaded into the "ball".

>Perhaps with some heat and coaxing you can get the broken bit out and save
re-tapping it.

I took mine apart - it indeed had a small threaded hole - either a 6-32 or
8-32, I forget which.

I drilled it out with the appropriate drill and tapped it to 10-32 and made
a new handle from part of a long 10-32 stainless socket head screw, cut to
the appropriate length. The steel is strong enough to turn without bending.

--

Steve Gerow

Pasadena, CA, USA

BN6