[Healeys] Brass update

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Sat Nov 14 16:28:08 MST 2009

Thank you very much to everyone who replied to my question. Very helpful, as
ever.

I would have replied sooner, but we had a power cut and, to be frank, I
thought my hard disk was fried. I've been doing a bit of bringing back from
the grave and, latterly, doing the back-up I should have done beforehand.

So, I made a new handle, tapped, died (is it dyed? The other seems so final)
and loctited. It all looks fine and seems to work. I think the issue is in
keeping the touching surfaces very clean, smooth and flush. I didn't need to
solder in the end. Or, so I hope.
Thanks again.
Simon