[Healeys] Silicone DOT5 brakefluid for the 100

Mark LaPierre lapierrem at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 10 19:32:46 MST 2009

Wow,  the silicone madness rises again.   I don't have time to read all
these listings but i have
gone both ways.   When starting with all new parts,  I use silicone.   If
parts are used,
then stay with whats in it.

Has anyone mentioned that all rubbers are not created equal.   The natural
rubber seals may act
differently than the man made rubber parts.    WHATS IN YOUR CYLINDERS?
I'm sure not
too many drivers really know at this point unless they did all the work
themselves and even then
its hard to tell.

I saw what switching fluids back and forth in my Easzie Bleed system years
ago did to the seals..  The seals
would not seat anymore cause they were swelled up so much.   I didn't want
to take a chance of this
happening to my brake system so I switch out everything to make it right at
the start.

Peace of mind ,  I guess.

Mark