[Healeys] E bay

Quinn, Patrick Patrick.Quinn at det.nsw.edu.au
Mon Nov 9 17:24:03 MST 2009

G'day Michael

Oh dear! Been away in the depths of Victoria for a few days and I come back to
the biggest faux pas of them all.

I just have to keep reminding you blokes that the cars you own are not "REAL
Healeys", they are Austin-Healeys.

While the Austin-Healey 100 is most certainly the purest to the original
design it is still an Austin-Healey.

Generally real Healeys were built between 1946 and 1954 and were fitted with
Riley, Alvis or Nash engines. Plus the late 1960s/early 1970s did see a
handful of real Healeys fitted with BMC, Coventry Climax and Repco engines.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia