[Healeys] 100 Engine rebuild

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Wed Nov 4 17:27:18 MST 2009

Meant to mention and forgot, the oil pump strainer, these things often get
mushed when the pan get mushed, looks like yours has been repaired, I would
shake and pick at the strainer to make sure none of the welds or whatever
method was used to repair is not likely to come off and score your pump and
or bearings.

If you decide you need it you can get new ones, not cheap for what they are,
some don't fit very well or at all, interfereing with the pan, got one like
that from MOSS USA a few years back don't know if they have remedied the
matter, got a good one from the Nocks.  Know you will likely wource partd
from Europe, If you decide to go new make sure the supplier gets you a good
one, my bad one had the bottom flange where screen meets metal turned down
and interfearing with the pan, instead of turned up towards the block.

Greg Lemon