[Healeys] drivetrain vibrations

pennell at cox.net pennell at cox.net
Tue May 19 18:03:38 MDT 2009

Martin et al,

As part of my BN7 resto I wanted to take some structural measures to eliminate the shakes.  Among other things I welded in 1.5 angle iron on the tops of both main rails from the motor mounts back to the crucifix.  Welds were about 2 inches spaced about 2 inches apart.

I also welded in the 3/4 angle iron inside the tranny box as I call it and added more weld on the cockpit side of the tranny opening.  Balancing the drums was also done.

No hard data but the car has no shake or rattle - just roll!

Keith Pennell