[Healeys] Wire Wheels

Mirek Sharp m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca
Thu May 14 06:29:57 MDT 2009

2 years a go I decided to replace the 48 spokers on my BT7 that had been on
the car since I bought it.  I almost switched to the 60 spoke wheels, but
then thought, heck, the car has gone for 46 years on 48 spokes with no
failure, apart from a few broken spokes (3?), so there can't be much wrong
with them.  That 46 years included ownership as a foolish 20 year old that
occasionally drove the daylights out of it (poorly).  So I put 48 spokes
back on.  I like the open, "spidery" look of them.  I opted for the wheels
from Wheel Services in the UK, bought through Bob Yule at Autofarm, and I am
totally happy with the choice.

cheers,

Mirek