[Healeys] BJ8 doesn't want to start Part II

Jorge Garcia fortee9er at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 30 16:55:35 MST 2009

I followed up on some of your suggested diagnostics and found that there was no gasoline in the jet or around the jet in the carburetor body once I removed the piston/needle. I cleaned up the piston which had a light coating of sooty grease. Tomorrow I will spray carburetor cleaner into the jet cavity and check the second carburetor which had the piston stuck in the up position.
Is there anything else I should be looking for or cleaning while I have the piston out?
Thanks
Jorge