[Healeys] Battery Switch wiring Late BJ8

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Mar 24 07:11:00 MST 2009

E=Earth
B=Battery
C-B=Contact Breaker

Yes, the black and white wire goes to the coil.  With the switch in the
"OFF" position, the battery circuit to ground is open and the coil is
grounded and cannot produce a spark (an early "anti-theft" device).

In aviation, a similar setup to the black/white wire is called a
"P-lead."  Since magnetos are always hot, the only way to disable the
ignition is to ground the mags.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything
that counts can be counted." -- Albert Einstein