[Healeys] Battery Switch wiring Late BJ8

Weston Keyes westonkeyes at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 24 06:55:36 MST 2009

Hello Folks,

    Please enlighten a amateur electrician. My battery switch has a E, B and
C-B terminal.

    The manual doesn't show which terminal goes to which wire but  I "assume"
that E is for the ground strap to the chassis, B is to the Battery and C-B is
to the coil.

There is a metal jumper between B and C-B. I see in the wiring diagram a Black
and White wire to the coil. What is the function of the BW wire to the coil?
Is it a anti theft function? Also if the BW wire is always connected to ground
how does the coil get the off on signal from the distrubutor?

I know I'll feel like an idiot once I know the answer.

Wes Keyes
York, Maine