[Healeys] BJ8 Bell exhaust

mailmaineguide.com info at atteanlodge.com
Sun Mar 22 08:24:50 MST 2009

Hi List.....A couple of days ago I proudly and eagerly began installing my new
Bell exhaust to the BJ8, there have been a few minor glitches that I have been
able to overcome, not enough bolts of the correct length and too many of
another etc. Now I am at the rear most hanger bracket and I am stumped, the
service parts book indicates two bolts are to go through the bottom of the
trunk floor and  are to hold the hanger in place although the book does not
show those two bolts, after removing the gas tank and inserting the two bolts
thru the holes that correspond with the holes in the bracket and re-inserting
the gas tank I find the tank actually sits on the bolt heads which, needless
to say is not an acceptable situation. Should I somehow shim the space between
the tank and the floor, if so, any recommendations of what to use?? Per usual,
many thanks for any info.

Brad Holden
Jackman, ME