[Healeys] Original BN2 Price

Healeyguy healeyguy at aol.com
Sat Mar 21 20:57:00 MST 2009

Listers
Anyone have the original sale price of a standard 1955 BN2 sold in the US mainland?  Our Healey will be in a car show sponsored by Motor Trend next week and one of the questions asked was what did it sell for originally. Since most of the cars in the show are shinny new with handy dandy window stickers attached the LBC's need to share in the sticker shock drama. I looked in a early 1956 Road & Track and the asking price on a used 3000 mile 100 was $2000. Seemed like it should be in the ball park but an actual price would be better. Not sure if the east coast / west coast was different but delivery cost couldn't be too different when gas sold for a quarter a gallon.
Any help would be appreciated
Aloha
Perry