[Healeys] Removing BJ8 speedometer

Michael Salter msalter at precisionsportscar.com
Mon Mar 16 17:18:58 MST 2009

Hi Doug,
If the wires are red with a white tracer they are for the dash lights. The
entire bulb holder should pull out of the back of the speedometer quite
easily. You may want to try prying gently on the metal rim.
The high beam light, in the bottom of the speedometer, also just pulls out
although one should be careful not to loose the small metal clips on the
sides of the black tubular bulb holder as they are difficult to replace.
I think it is the high beam light in the speedo although it may be the
ignition light; they are both the same configuration anyway.

Michael Salter
100 (1953) #174
AHX12 (1953)
Bugeye (1961)