[Healeys] Fw: Engine bay eats nut

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Tue Mar 10 19:59:48 MST 2009

Okay, all you guys with the 6 cylinder cars do in fact have that aforementioned black hole inside the bottom portion of the diagonal brace, but Mike here states he has a BN2 which does not have the same black hole. Hundreds have a somewhat different black hole to contend with.
I would suggest checking inside the bottom of the engine mounting bracket welded to the side brace and the frame. If he dropped the nut from the left side of the car, it likely dropped down beside the front air cleaner and into the inside area of the mount, coming to rest at the bottom where it sits on the top surface of the frame. That's just inside the boxed area where the brake master cylinder is mounted. I've included a photo to Mike of a stripped down project car minus engine or any other items that would obstruct the view.
It's going to take a flexible magnetic tool to retrieve that nut.
Best of luck Mike, and let us know when and where you find it.

Rich Chrysler
  . No nut.  Any suggestions? TIA Mike Gougeon   56BN2