[Healeys] tires

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Mon Mar 9 23:34:45 MST 2009

Tubeless tires should not be fitted with tubes, as the tubes may fail
through friction. This friction may also raise the temperature  which
may lead to tube failure but it is probably not enough to cause initial
tire failure.
Tubes do not make the tire walls stiffer as tubes are rather supple and
they do not contribute significantly to the stiffness of the tire or
alteration of the handling.
In case of an accident you may expect insurance issues if one of the
tires fails.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL