[Healeys] Geared Starter

Mr. Finespanner mrfinespanner at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 9 19:46:51 MST 2009

Jon,
The last one of those that I played with had the same problem.  The
adapter plate, though, had two arcs of holes drilled in it so that if the
attaching screws are removed the plate can be rotated and refitted in
a different position to give better clearance.  If your new starter has a
bolt-on adapter plate without a selection of holes to use a competent
machine shop could bore you some.
regards,
Doug Reid, 18G Motorworks

Message: 1