[Healeys] (Healeys) Radiator leak

Patrick Yoas pyoas at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 12 19:58:38 MDT 2009

    I once owned a '70 Jag XJS V12 and normal maintenance was to add two(2)
satchels of Bars Leak to radiator after flushing out. I never had a problem
with leaks.

    Also, semi-trucks (aka: 18 wheelers), often use a radiator additive
available at any truck stop for leaks in their cooling systems. I can not
think of the exact name at the moment, but it wasn't expensive and worked
great. It was something similar to Bars Leak, or might have actually been the
same thing but was available in a powder form.

    I would not put a whole container of this in a Healey radiator but just
enough to do the job. It very well could assist someone in a temporary repair
of a leaky casting plug or radiator. Good enough for $20k engines, should be
good enough for a Healey engine.
    Patrick
    BJ8