[Healeys] body work question

Jody Kerr jodyfkerr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 19:51:00 MDT 2009

Jorge,

Body work is always expensive, especially if you want it done right.
You may be looking at a serious investment in repair costs. I built a
nifty little calculator that may help you gauge how much it will cost.

http://www.theymightberacing.com/Restoration/ProjectEstimator.aspx

Jody

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Jorge Garcia <fortee9er at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am looking at a project BJ8 that has some bodywork issues and I am hoping
that some of you who have been "tinkering" with Healeys may be able to tell me
just how serious this is - $$$magnitude$$$.
> The front passenger side shroud has a foot long tear starting at the hood
lid opening ending at the fender bead. The seller says that it was caused by
something hitting it from underneath. This supposedly was caused by accident
damage to the frame (???). Other signs that there was damage of the front
"clip" is that the windshield does not sit flush on the cowl and there are
unusual gaps where the front fenders meet the windshield posts and doors.
> I have pictures of the damaged areas of the car but I didn't think I could
attach them to this post. If anyone is interested let me know and I will send
the pictures directly.

--
http://www.theymightberacing.com/
1953 Studebaker Champion