[Healeys] body work question

Jorge Garcia fortee9er at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 3 19:21:17 MDT 2009

I am looking at a project BJ8 that has some bodywork issues and I am hoping that some of you who have been "tinkering" with Healeys may be able to tell me just how serious this is - $$$magnitude$$$.
The front passenger side shroud has a foot long tear starting at the hood lid opening ending at the fender bead. The seller says that it was caused by something hitting it from underneath. This supposedly was caused by accident damage to the frame (???). Other signs that there was damage of the front "clip" is that the windshield does not sit flush on the cowl and there are unusual gaps where the front fenders meet the windshield posts and doors.
I have pictures of the damaged areas of the car but I didn't think I could attach them to this post. If anyone is interested let me know and I will send the pictures directly.
Thanks
Jorge