[Healeys] Transmission troubles

writeian at aol.com writeian at aol.com
Mon Jul 27 17:56:22 MDT 2009

Just read p. 266 of Norm Nock's Tech Talk book.  Not only did I highlight the warning statement:
"Do not use EP90" weight oil in Healey gearboxes, I underlined it so to help remember and review it in the future.
A good friend recently experienced a damaged-beyond-use sideshift gearbox in his '60 BN7.  The net resulting cost (aside from no driving fun for at least half a year) will be a $1500-$2000 exchange replacement rebuilt gearbox (from Quantum in Connecticut) some day in the future.
The relevance you wonder ?  He'd been using RedLine gearbox fluid-oil EP75-90 !