[Healeys] Spedo/Cable/Angle Drive - BJ8

Warthodson at aol.com Warthodson at aol.com
Mon Jul 27 08:04:15 MDT 2009

Do you have the spacer/washer installed between the angle drive & the
overdrive/transmission? See parts book or Moss catalog. It is my understanding
that this spacer is required to prevent the angle drive from binding when
it is installed.
Gary Hodson

In a message dated 7/26/2009 8:04:32 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
bspidell at comcast.net writes:

R. Price  Lindsay wrote:
> At Conclave my speedo stops working. There was a  mechanic there that
> told me the speedo was frozen, causing the system  to fail. I pulled the
> speedo and had it repaired/rebuilt. I also  removed the angle drive and
> the male part into the od was  broken.
>
> Ordered a new angle drive and cable. When the  repaired speedo was
> returned I installed it along with a new angle  drive. The cable was not
> damaged so I did not install the new one.  Put the car back together and
> 32 miles later the speedo goes  flat.
>
> I disconnected the cable and it did not turn when I  drove. I pulled the
> cable from it's case and the od end was fine. I  put a drill on the cable
> while connected to the speedo and ran it up  to 50 mph. When I tried to
> turn the cable by hand it was difficult  but it did turn. I suspect the
> angle drive is again broken.
>
> OK, what's the cause?  Should the cable in the speedo turn  easily? Could
> the speedo have failed?  Could the angle drive  have failed/been faulty?
>
> Price  Lindsay

Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221823322x1201398723/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jul
yExcfooterNO62)