[Healeys] DRIVER'S SIDE FOOTREST / ACCELERATOR PEDAL / HEEL TOE

Steve Thomton scthomton at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 07:19:25 MDT 2009

Scott,
I don't know about the single best whole package you asked about that is, in
part, dependent on how tall you are and how long are your legs.  That said, I
made a dead pedal to put in place of my dimmer switch and put the "dip" switch
on the dash in place of the OD switch...Jag XKE's had a nice escheon that says
"Headlight Dip" which can replace the OD escheon. I wired the dip switch in
with a relay. I also cut the throttle pedal down almost 2", it's in the same
location with the same swing length, it's just the portion that sticks out
that I cut back.  Then on the brake and clutch I used aluminum spacers to get
the relationship with the throttle that worked best for me.
Here is a link to some pictures of what I've got.  I haven't done a full
project write-up on it but I think you can get the idea.
http://stevesaustinhealey.com/index.php?option=com_phocagallery&view=category
&id=19:dead-pedal&Itemid=9

I have a 5 speed so I didn't need the OD switch.  If you have the overdrive,
of course, you'd have to find another location on the dash for the dip switch.

Cheers,
Steve

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have a 5 speed so the OD switch wasn't d