[Healeys] Rear Brake Problem

Jon Buhler buhler at memphisassociates.com
Tue Jul 21 09:42:15 MDT 2009

I reported earlier about a driver side rear brake problem on my 67 3000.  When
backing up, the brake would tighten up.  Went away when driving forward. Had
not used the foot or emergency brake prior to this.  Removed the drum and
found that part of the brake shoe lining had fallen off the shoe and was
lodging in between the remaining shoe liner and drum.  Cleaned out the liner
pieces and works fine now.

Ordered a set on new brake shoes and was
wondering if there are any suggestions about installing these on the reat
brakes.

Thanks,

Jon