[Healeys] Brake servo

Michael Salter msalter at precisionsportscar.com
Mon Jul 20 16:44:59 MDT 2009

Actually I think this may be a servo problem. If the piston the servo does
not return all the way the symptoms are similar to those when the master
cylinder push rod is not adjusted correctly.
The check, the best trick I know of, is to create the locked on brake
situation then with the engine turned off tap the brake pedal gently a few
times which will usually result in the servo piston returning to its home
position and the brakes releasing.
Usually when a brake hose collapses the brake pedal feels normal and one
front or both rear brakes are locked on.

Michael Salter
http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?p=445