[Healeys] seat belt attachment question

Richard Dryman rdryman1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 20 12:17:22 MDT 2009

Think a lot of belts are different--but my belts(BMC) have 2-piece hooks which
swivel together to fasten to a eyelet; the shoulder belt has one hole. I
fastened the shoulder belts to the closest chrome nut stud on the side
swab?(been that way for years). The 'floor' connections are hooked to forged
eyelet studs probably screwed in the hole in the rear tunnel and
probably(don't remember) thru a hole between the inner sill and seat
back{about 3-4" behind hinge point; be sure and use a big washer under this.
If your floor connections on the belts just have a hole you should probably
make thick brackets for straight pulls.