[Healeys] Footwell Heat shield 100 BN2 -spacers and washers

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Jul 13 07:15:33 MDT 2009

We're restoring a BN2/100M.  I didn't see any evidence of any spacers anywhere
when we disassembled the car.  I believe the 100s did not originally have a heat
shield above the muffler (ours had no shield, holes or captive nuts).  The Moss
catalog confirms this (FWIW).  We may add one.

I haven't found the thick washers anywhere.  We're short one or two, and if we
can't find them there are fender washers that are too thin but otherwise
dimensionally very close.  Two of them stacked are close to one thick washer in
thickness.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net