[Healeys] thermostat discussion

Jerry Costanzo grumpyinloomis at ssctv.net
Sun Jul 5 09:00:31 MDT 2009

Many good suggestions:

1. Wait for the new engine to bed in.
2.  Test or Replace the thermostat-  Cheap test and
      Could find the problem.
3.  Swap the radiator to see if there is a problem there.
    Not a quick job and the radiator was rodded by the shop.  For the price
is should be clean.
4.  Check the baffles to make sure the air is getting through the radiator.
    Some additions here.  I have added the surround shroud to the fan area,
so all force from the fan should pull though the radiator.  I also added a
bottom baffle from the bottom of the grill opening to the bottom of the
radiator.  This keeps the air from going under the car once it enters the
front grill.
    I will also look at the stock baffles between the grill and the radiator
to see there could be more directional flow for the air.

Excellent ideas from all.  Thank you for your time.

Now, out of fix some electrical gremlins.  My speedometer is stuck on 14
MPH.  And I have a switch high up on the center console that is causing
problems.  I think I will need my wifes hands for that one.

Jerry
BJ8