[Healeys] Squealing Brakes

Mr. Finespanner mrfinespanner at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 2 21:16:44 MDT 2009

Price,
When it comes to sprays and other anti-squeal goops make
sure you use something that does not dry hard or have adhesive
qualities.  Many of the easier-to-find squeal chemicals harden
like glue, and will cement your shim and pad to the piston rubber
dust boot.  Then the next time the pad is disturbed the boot gets
torn, leaving the piston exposed to grit and wet.  Sta-Lube and
CRC both make an anti-squeal product called caliper grease.  I
have found it to be the most effective squeal remedy of all I have
tried, and it stays mooshy, lubricating the rubber instead of tearing
it.
regards,
Doug Reid, 18G Motorworks