[Healeys] MORE Alternator wiring and other wires?

andy pole ampole at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 26 10:24:27 MST 2009

Randy

while looking at the other posted fuel problem and info I knew was on the mga
guru site I thought of you, and found that clever man with the mga also has
info on alternator conversions, it may help:

http://www.mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/ac101.htm

quote: Physically mount the alternator, and connect the same two wires which
originally serviced the generator. Then at the control box, move the fat
charging wire from the "D" terminal to the "A" terminal, and move the small
signal wire from the "F" terminal to the "D" terminal. That's it. Test the
system to be sure it is charging, and drive it away.

To me this means put back to standard move the fat yellow from the D terminal
to the A terminal, and move the yellow/green on F terminal to D terminal,
connect two wires that were on generator to alternator (yellow fat to
alternator B and yellow/green to I) but dont forget to convert to negative
earth.

I believe your problem with the car switching off is due to connecting the
browns of the starter and ignition circuit together, and when you let go of
the key switch you loose the ignition (ie moved ignition onto start point of
switch)

cheers Andy